This washed white world
foggy forest, snow crusted land
leaches my will
even my face has turned
marble white.
I am homesick for color
greedy for bright red,
thirsty for electric green.
I know there is a place with
mornings where yellow sunlight
unrolls damp light green grasses,
bright red dahlias bloom casually,
a crickets' electric green body
gently rests on a swaying leaf.
I could go, taste soft air,
smell growing things.
If only I could rest for a while
in the easy life where color lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
This beaten path drifts left, semi circles cut around drying marshes, a patch of Ash trees and a line of Mock Orange bushes. Smell com...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
No comments:
Post a Comment