The Cottonwoods long arms droop,
pressing their ruffled leaves together
until a merciless wind shakes out
a rattling dance. On the blurred
horizon made of high summer heat,
I see another.
Out past the early corn stalks
and a turned over grass field,
and imagine tentacles of roots
bathing in cool, slow
water darkness far below.
What luxury! A strong grip
on solid earth and long drinks of
pure ground water sustenance
as the capricious world shakes
you, yet another, time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment