This ferocious cold is a hungry animal,
waiting, hunched over and still
brown pebbles eyes in
coarse brown fur.
This cold on innocent blue sky days
will steal feeling,
touch and emotion,
distort smell and make
sounds explosive.
Once, we frightened a wolverine,
into a blur of movement
down a pine forest mountainside.
It crossed down trees,
weaving with an almost rehearsed purpose.
Some creatures know their fear
we have to be told.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment