We are all fools
for the falling back.
The sky outside stays dark.
The template of light is muted
into black and white.
Methodical, we set our mechanical time
backward, lay down
sleeping in cold edged air
against a background of light
darkness.
I wish for time to be mine.
A single hour to be culled from
setting a mechanical clock,
cradled gently in my hands,
blown upon and watched
as the feathers curl and float softly away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
Riding down weaver lake road, the long swoop down to taking a breath in the shallow trough between at the lake covered in long marsh grasse...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment