Look between
dark branches at the
pearl gray window
opening on the eternal.
Sadness and soft
defeat rest lightly at
the throat.
Try to summon, as perhaps
Jonah did, the comforts of
of memory even in
the vast dark
belly of a whale.
Swirling among mudlike
krill are things,
sodden dolls, broken
wooden oars
who measure life
as usefulness.
You still carry the earth's
ancient air inside.
Their words, your dreams
keep walking friend,
keep walking.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment