My window shows
the oak trees great limbs
pointing upward, snow resting places
in the cold whitened air. I begin
to carry a curious indifference to
time passing, lost,
in this monotonous
pattern of middle winter days.
Some smooth bodied crows
are cawing rasped songs,
drifting by on high
wind currents. I bet
they can mix always
with never, seeing
the babies gaping mouth,
and unevenly spaced teeth the same
as graveyards
with white tombstones
in irregular rows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment