I should not worry
about my tender white knees
cracking as I walk into the kitchen,
turn on the coffee pot and
let the always excited dog out.
About my neighbor seeing me
in my pink bathrobe
and gray slippers
waiting to cross the street
and retrieve the paper and
when will I wash the car?
I will not allow random
images to float into the
white faced sky of another
afternoon; me crawling, grateful
and exhausted into my still dirty car,
now full of filthy, triumphantly
salvaged stuff.
Me coughing up the dust of my
homes’ cracked walls and ceiling
as I try to ignore breath holding
dread and rest between
the car rocking aftershocks.
Today, I will breathe out
this cool, fertile, Spring
air and focus on the words
I learned yesterday.
Doujou means sympathy.
Samimasen means I am sorry
I am sorry. I am thinking about you.
My deepest, deepest sympathy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment