I miss the ancient
dark red rock cut by
loss and time. The top of a
water rinsed cliff where
moss green drips descend, surely
controlled by beauty
and a slipping sun.
In the still cold valley,
the river water smoothed
faces are torn by
current and the great curve
of land.
I will close my rusty winter eyes
and hear the sound of waves tossing
liquid bodies against the shore
in a long casual sound promising
the loose bounty of
middle summer days.
Someday soon, I tell myself
I will stand on earth, solid ground,
hear woods calling slow,
and see a green tangled mountainside,
as I climb again, one knee to
one knee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment