WHATEVER I LOVE/Thank you Gary Snyder
Words are charming
monkeys bringing lovely gifts
or throwing rocks. They swing
into my mind interrupting
mindless dish washing,
hypnotic highway driving. They
tap me awake at 3am.
Must I dry my hands,
stop the car, wake up
and find paper, pen? I don't /do
want this spontaneous madness,
this daily surrender to insistent
strings of sentences.
Damn words! Fast moving verbs,
beguiling adjectives and dogmatic
nouns keep changing my
predictable life. God!
I love them. I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment