Saturday, March 23, 2013
Close To The Ground
The first to know Spring
must be the animals closest
to the ground, dragging new,
wet earth along in their coats
and bellies.
Animals must know
the muddy feel of the mix
of good and bad, the scent of hope
in the fragrance of warming woods,
green buds and flowers.
They must wonder, watching
us stand timidly at the edge
of land, at our impatience
with the uncertainty of Spring.
They know the pace
of change and have peace,
living in the slower
world, with the uneasiness
of before and the finality
of after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment