The animal part
of my brain wakes to helpless
vigilance, scanning the darkening
white gray horizon
etched with the crooked limbs
of pale gray oak trees.
Small flakes make a dotted
coating, then a covering
floats over sharp edges,
shortening distances, making a
soft, white oval of a small pond.
These brief deceptions seem
like the start of grief
as if past first tears, in
the heavy silence,
you feel the shape of change.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment