These lazy days, this turbid heat, the
disingenuous air and the smell of warm,
dry grasses and sounds that cling to air;
not crickets but birds. Daily, less and less
with their wings; bands of black triangles,
thrown into the sky.
Is there a temperature of despair? A loss
so deep it must resist its own knowing?
Fall colors make the deer hard to see,
but their daily course bends browned
marsh grasses and their hooves leave
half moon marks in the hardening mud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment