This tree grows down, roots twirling and
threading through the dirt and water
darkness of death. A different stalk
peels dirt aside, to find
air. There are so many growing toward
a dark sustenance, so many
reaching for sun.
Every year, fragile shapes uncurl,
exposing shiny green faces to rain
and wind. Green leaves overtaking every
window, every landscape. Then, the slow
brown curling, the dusty face, the
yellow falling.
You help me, tree, by your flowering, by
your seasons of stripped down fallowness.
You extend the same invitation year after
year. Once again, I have only been loyal
to the daily choice. I do not remain
true to you.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment