This snow is generous. It
floats in the unhurried way
of old ladies, looking at
trays of fruit in an open
market.
I imagine collections of like
friends, meeting on the tops
of trees. There are hours of
jostling talk, an entire evening
of greetings.
Until laying down, one
body by one body to sleep,
they stretch out across this
darkness, made mute by this
still landscape.
This snow is generous. It has
a pure tenderness whispering,
close your eyes and stand,
wait in the dark for the soft,
cold touch of this
white dropping sky.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment