A Satisfied Crone
That bank of purple black clouds
is satisfied drifting above.
What about those electric white straws
violently sucking energy?
Those capricious winds
spewing destruction across
the brown tilled earth?
Sometimes a storm seems
a huge, purple gray, prehistoric bird.
One wide yellowed eye lit
with the enjoyment of
a little left behind destruction
and a crone’s experience of the odds,
reluctantly knowing the end.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment