The ashed green oak leaves are drooping.
The sharpened sumac is smearing red.
The blunted edges of dry lawn grass
scrape my feet.
This morning's water soaked air
smells like the sweat of dead rooms.
And there is a sort of stillness,
full now but predicting empty, among these trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment