Mornings have a damp, cool
breath, flavored with
dust and a bitter taste
of mold. The Ash trees know
first, dropping tiny, dried out leaves
in small collections. A new wind
scatters them, calling out
a fierce message, sometimes
muffled, sometimes screamed.
The Oak and Maple leaves
take on a dusty hue. Curled
brown edges roughen
bright green outlines. High
branches droop announcing
an unwilling surender.
The Fir tree towers of dark green
don't care, their soft
green fingers, fragrant mysterious
bodies rooted in living
unchanged with repeating seasons.
Does evening, hurrying to
catch up with night
speak in whispers and
tell the trees?
Or do the trees, tired
of producing green brilliance
and knowing the end,
tell the night?
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...