Sunday, November 20, 2011
those men
I miss faith's visits; those men,
like soldiers, marching, without warning
into the rooms of my house.
They mess things up; take
my carefully constructed
delusions, peering at them for cracks.
Hold them casually like old vases,
leaving oily spots with their
dirty hands.
I always protest, I am not myself
today but maybe I am really
myself, maybe the part I don't like
or have trouble seeing. I allow them to stay
sometimes, find some excuse to stand
close, smelling cold outside
air and breathing in their confidence;
my medicine for fear.
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...