This cloud line of blackened stripes is
floating above a line of innocents
pearled in pink and blue. A triangle
of sky is bent between, together
sending a yellow light, falling on the dry
August landscape below.
Yellow like a painting I passed, thinking bad
landscape art because the yellow was
strong on the painted trees. I can see here,
yellow repeating in the thick, green fists of
Maple, Oak and Ash clutched together,
edging down the slope of a hill.
Perhaps, blood red slashes or
bright purple wavers unseen as I drive
gray highways, eyes wide open in another
world. How much do I cut to fit
the narrow frame of this day's life?
Friday, August 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment