This dark gray sky is pressing
layers of air into a shallow
trough like seeing the sky
through a narrow, opened vein.
This form of silence commands, be
still, and the black stick trees,
brown grass and metal
colored water underneath listen.
while I want the why.
The air tastes acid and I
imagine sickening, falling
to the dark brown earth
and the slow caress of worms
or walking out of this darkness,
leaving familiar, knowing colors
change, daily, hourly if I
could wait. If I could just
wait.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment