This old summer grass is
dry blonde hair, badly combed
over light brown dirt. It's
someone dead whose huge head
is buried in my back yard like
the small, yellow, Parakeet
I buried a couple weeks ago,
whose life we all agreed, could
have been better.
See how the mind works on me
culling regrets from past days
and depositing them into this
sleepy morning. Memory is a
hoarders room with a trail,
full of boxes, some half
open inviting, some taped shut.
One day, I'll lift the damp lid
from a box, find the birds' toy ladder,
a food and water tray, a few dried treats
with a tiny, mirror in the bottom,
bird bathtub. I'll find good mixed
with sad, finally want to assign,
to accept comfort, to find the right place
for the pieces.
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment