It isn't just you I miss.
It's the pause in conversation
where you were supposed to enter.
Where my molecules
recognize your molecules and
I sense your presence in the air
before I turn and there you are.
It's the imprint of you on my brain,
the tone of your voice, raspy
morning, happy. Your whole face
smile, your sweet hair, not the
high school picture which rests
in my mind, curled edges burnt.
When I stop, stand and know
that nothing is like you
I open the door to sorrow;
a vast sea of dark where
I don't remember how to swim.
For Adele Jensen
missing since November 17, 2015
please see Bring Addie Home
on Facebook
Friday, December 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
Riding down weaver lake road, the long swoop down to taking a breath in the shallow trough between at the lake covered in long marsh grasse...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment