Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Rust
The rust pours out my fingers
smearing orange, in cranky stripes
across the page. Religiously trying
to write, as the books say, whenever
I can and waiting for words.
I'm sure a white page is resting
inside my chest and when I breathe,
a rhythmic curling allows the stray,
word, a short one vowel sentence,
to escape, perhaps out one nostril
or squeezed out in a series of sighs.
My attention tries to focus
but these words, this malicious
whispering. Is that a soft slurred s?
An almost impossible to hear a?
Said only once then out the heater
vents and into the hard, morning
light bouncing off the red eyes of
the stopped cars ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
My first day back at work from vacation. I'm sparing some time for a short entry. Since I last wrote, I've been reminded of a memor...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment