Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Photos revised
There they are, those
smiling, laughing people
in places I have been,
with them. Bodies dried
in boxes or urns of
clumped ashes
in my breathing life.
I wonder if it's hope
or feeling; this imagining
a version of solid,
resurrected by smells and
the sounds of a song.
It's a small triumph when
my eyes automatic
roaming avoids the stop
and think about a glassed
in image. Caught, I follow
to sad and a guilty bargain,
necessary to go on.
Peeling off my clothes at night
I twist, looking/ wishing
for dark stains bleeding into
thin hatch marks,
upraised white scars under
my arms perhaps, to see
this hidden, permanent grief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
My first day back at work from vacation. I'm sparing some time for a short entry. Since I last wrote, I've been reminded of a memor...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment