I know eternity hides in rocks,
see the beauty of granite lines pressed
into pages but what of
the molecules, half air, half water
hovering above a green lake?
I wonder, breathing in this watery
layer, is it Japan? Scented air exhaled
one hundred years ago by some
young geisha as she carefully
poured green tea?
Those rock walls stood watching
Laurel, Madron, and Oak
trees bending in a valley wind
carrying this same watery air
across rough topped continents.
This air pausing
to caress the cheek of
a sleeping boy, then, drawn to
curl close to white woodsmoke
and a passing whisper against
those lonely rocks.
Robinson, did you hear
a different language in the
conversation between pine water
air and those lovely rocks? Is that
what poets do?
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...