Dark blue is cold. Red is
a clotted blood coat I wear
sometimes, at night. I pull it on,
half awake and curl
down into cool sheets.
The blood burns my shoulders,
sticks around my chest while
the rest, black, slides away,
slippery with the worst words,
falling onto the sheets.
In those hours between
day and night, I wake with
wet eyes. Dark is quiet, friendly
sounds of breathing. The coat
evaporates in gray;
the drowsy return of sleep.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...