Wednesday, March 6, 2013
shovelling
I shove sullenly, head down, scraping
this driveway coating of white away,
putting in measures of long notes
until I settle, into a military rhythm of
short notes ending in a cleansing,
slide on tar.
The music helps me sink into the river
of dull thoughts opened on a late,
tired night, a half clouded moon and
dumb work. Moving snow
only to watch it melt!
A rest breath is interrupted
by a measure of tapping, as a family
of deer, easy beauty and worried,
brown eyes, pick their way
across the frozen, black street.
We look at and look away.
Gone, I bend and put another
page in, making borders safe, thinking
about the distance between going in
to warm, yellow light and the collection
of shallow, sleeping circles waiting
out back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I’ve realized another twisted truth; impossibly sad but actually brought me some rest. There is a piece of me that’s gone. It’s a literal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment