It starts with water pouring through
a sieve of wild clouds. The sound
of hard drumming seems to ease the lines
of sky and shore, into white gray.
The captured lake turns silver, stirs to frothing.
Angry edges are outshouted by thunder,
wind roused, rumbling caution. Lightning
bounds out; bright can always speak
against gray.
Water changes, descending with deliberate,
slow drops. Restless clouds shred
into strange shapes, tangling in layers
of dark, across a lightening sky.
The far, green shoreline appears. Seen
through fast traveling drops, it is
impossibly, far off, hope. Slow and stop.
In that quiet? there must be an answer.
Sunday, August 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
No comments:
Post a Comment