The trees are the first to save
their lives in the season
of retreat. Letting leaves wither
into crumpled brown lines
but look! full of last colors;
Maple red, Oak yellow and
acid green.
If I listen to leaves, they don't
tell me about loss. They tell me
about flight, being carried,
the last tug and the emptiness
of air between, of falling and
watching; women walking, dogs
running, the folded beauty of other
leaves and the warm ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
Riding down weaver lake road, the long swoop down to taking a breath in the shallow trough between at the lake covered in long marsh grasse...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment