poem
I am waiting for snow to weight the world.
To wake to a white land
and a long, thin length of brown tree limbs
etching a gray horizon.
I am waiting to find
a cape of smooth snow flung down,
disguising the hard surface
of a fluid darkness.
I will scrape the white away and
press my cold stocking capped ear
to the layer of ice skin.
Hoping to hear the thrum of water,
a shifting tied to shore and moon.
Beneath the ice are fish whose bodies
make movement within movement
stirring silt into brown clouds.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lefty
Left-handedness I did a little research into left-handedness. Historically, right handedness was considered good and left-handedness...
-
I read that some people cling to the pain of grief because they fear letting the pain go means feeling farther away from the person. When ...
-
Walking through the white painted door, splintered with time rot, feet thumping across porch wood, to false smile at you. I want to say...
-
I met with a friend recently. Her mom passed away several years ago. We talked about how the second year of grieving was harder in some way...
No comments:
Post a Comment